As Jon Rose said before of the Hurricane Sandy recovery, "its a marathon, not a sprint." He couldn't have been more right, but this marathon's stats continue to surprise us. Here are some numbers from Jon's last update:
• Over $3,000,000 in donated supplies distributed throughout the hardest hit communities in New Jersey and New York.
• $100,000+ in grants to over 20 families and small business owners - and now we're on a disbursement schedule of about 3-5 grants per week.
• 5 home restoration projects under way - two of which, are almost complete. Plus, we have approved 7 more new sites that will be starting in the next few weeks.
• Facilitated over 5000 volunteers for demo, cleanup, and canvassing efforts.
• 30,000+ cooked meals served